Monday, January 13, 2014

 We were given this 1-piece slate pool table by a friend who is moving to Georgia.  Allen and Mike play a game or two at night.  I think Mike is trying hard to stay ahead.  Mike turned 61 yesterday and he had to spend the day staying home from church with a fever and a head cold.  Unusual for him.
Maggie had her friends over for lesson two on the ukulele.  I always enjoy playing along.
 For my facebook friends, I'm afraid my blog will be boring for them since I post a lot of these pictures there.  This is a picture of my Dad and Ruthie.  Dad goes to most of his grandchildren's soccer games...even the ones that are at 10:30 pm.  We asked him to stay home this past Saturday though...we had gotten almost 2" of rain and the mud was just too slick.  But Ruthie won!

This is a picture of a foolish son. He thought he could play a prank on his sisters...the queens of prank...and get away with it. On Thursday evening, Allen fixed Ruthie's tablet alarm to go off at 4 am. When the alarm went off, a picture of a laughing Allen came up. So, this morning at 4:10, 4:15, and 4:20, cellphone alarms went off in different areas of Allen's room. It woke everyone. And Allen had to get up at 7:30 am to teach a ham radio class. Never mess with the best! 
This past year I went on a search for something to let me make julienne veggies.  I was even willing to pay a lot of money for a mandolin.  But I came across this peeler/julienne tool at Bed Bath and Beyond and I love it!  This is the same peeler here at Amazon but mine didn't come with the cutting board.  Works well on cucumber, carrots, zucchini and squash.

When I went to the dump today, I saw this sign hanging next to the dumpster.  I always enjoy people with a good sense of humor.  I wonder if this came from a wedding. 

Today was a big day for me.  Maggie drove herself to and from her appointments.  I cried off and on the whole time she was gone.  It's such a miracle that she is living without pain now.  PTL

I've decided to post some videos of my children singing.  I've only posted one video before and Sarah had to do it for me.  So we'll see how this works.  I hope to post one a week.  Right now my children are working on Valentine's Day songs for a banquet at our church.  It is hard to find the time to practice with all the work schedules!

This first video is a song called We Shall Inherit.  This past year we discovered Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver.  They are a Christian bluegrass group.  For Christmas we gave Lizzie all their cds and I got their dvd.  This is one of their songs.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152128577058418&l=1596891518172902513

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: