Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Poem from Maggie

Mom you do so much for me
Every single day.
The way you serve and love me
In so many countless ways.

If I were to keep a record,
Oh, to even try!
The paper would not last at all,
The ink would soon run dry.

You spend hours caring for me,
Giving up your time.
But you always persevere,
An example I can find.

You comfort me when you're not there,
Just by knowing that you care.
You're both a friend and mother
And that's what I'm most thankful for.

When I need to let off steam
You understand the most.
You put up with my nasty bark
When my bite is just a boast.

You listen when I need an ear,
You're there when I need a hug.
You understand my problems,
And help when I feel insecure.

You're a shoulder to cry on,
Someone to laugh with.
You're there when I need uplifting,
You're there to tell me the truth.

You're my friend and encourager,
My example and chauffeur.
You listen and you understand,
You helped me to grow to who I am.

You're many things,
You're like no other,
But most of all,
You are my mother.

Love,
Maggie

No comments: