Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Oh, how I love my lilacs! I enjoy burying my face in their blossoms to breathe in the delicious scent. I wish they lasted longer than 2 weeks.

Anna made this bonnet for a 10 year old friend who enjoys pioneer life.

According to the westerns, this is how most pioneer women wore their bonnets. So cute!

Anna got her 10th immunization for her upcoming missions trip. Today she got the yellow fever shot. Anna barely had any side effects from any of the shots, just some soreness on her arms. When she returns from her trip, she will have to get two more shots...and that will be it. Final.

I am glad the warm weather is slowly arriving. I am tired of all the seedlings on my counter and on the windowsills. Time to go outside! Allen has his sugarcane in the basement in 5-gallon buckets. I want it all out! Today we cleaned out the fireplace and re-arranged the living room into our summer arrangement. I am definitely ready for spring/summer.

Lizzie brought in a bunch of chickweed for making a tincture. I'm disappointed...Maggie makes a wonderful chickweed salad with soy sauce and mirin.




I read today that 60% of Texas is in drought...some of it exceptional or extreme drought. It looks like my parents' home on North Padre Island is in the least affected region.

Do any of my local quilting friends have this book? I'd like to borrow this. I am looking for two unusual patterns...and I think they may be in this book. I have many quilting friends, so I'd like to see if someone has it before buying it.

My last picture for the day was taken at the Prince Frederick Vintage Values Thrift Shop. I took the picture with my phone camera...so it's blurry. But look closely. This is the Gawdy Lamp winner of all times. Start at the bottom and see the cutting board...then the orange meat grinder...then the fake greens, the orange trim...and the upside down basket shade. The workers love it...which is why they brought it up front. I should've asked the price. I only hope it didn't belong to any of my friends now that I've posted this!!



My inlaws are in town (from FL) and will be coming over for dinner tomorrow night. (They stay with my brother in law.) It's always good to see them. I think I'm going to serve Terrific Turkey Enchiladas...a recipe I got from my friends over at Mountain Musings. I'll let you know how it goes afterwards. Added later: The Enchilda recipe will have to wait...Grandma just called and asked me to make reservations at our favorite local seafood restaurant called Sandgates!!



Poor hubby sounds so homesick...from boredom. I had to laugh when he said he was going out to do laundry. I forgot about that! Poor Honey.



Thursdays are my busiest days, and tomorrow will be too. I'm thankful to have Christian radio with its good music and sermons. I can't imagine living in an area without that. Many blessings ~ Kathie



I've found a Friend who is all to me,
His love is ever true.
I love to tell how He lifted me,
And what His grace can do for you!



Saved by His power divine,
Saved to new life sublime.
Life now is sweet and my joy is complete
For I'm saved, saved, saved!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Hi Kathie ~ sorry I don't have that book to help you out.

I hope your enchiladas turn out delish for your company. We're not used to eating ground turkey, but everyone seemed to like the flavor in this recipe.