Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day/Twins' Birthday

My twins turned 14 today. Where did the years go?! After much deliberation, they finally chose a root beer cake. Maggie, Lizzie, and Allen made it. I didn't think I'd like it, but I have to admit...it was delicious. My parents came over for dinner after morning church, so it was an enjoyable day. Hubby is in California for a week or so, so he was with us via phone.
Allen opened one of his gifts that I bought a month ago...and out fell Anna's gift! (Anna's birthday was last month.) I bought these buttons during Joann's Fabric's 50% off sale and tossed them up on the shelf in my closet and promptly forgot about them. Oh well.
Aren't these adorable?!
Here's the last set. I think these would look cute on sunflower fabric.
Our family had a terrible time trying to find a gift for Lizzie. She is the most contented girl I know. Just let her have her goats and she's set for life. We took her to Walmart and Michaels...but nothing struck her fancy. We finally decided on a gift that made her eyes sparkle...a trip to Tractor Supply in Waldorf. Hopefully we will get there sometime this week.


Sarah, as usual, found gifts that were fantastic. Allen, Ruthie and Lizzie just loved these mini archeological dig kits.
We gave Lizzie this cookbook...wonderful photos.

Maggie gave Lizzie pink and blue dusting sugar that she found in the clearance section at Joann's Fabrics.
Allen loved this book I bought on Amazon. My family enjoys these kinds of books. I don't know who got these for the twins, but they sure are nice photos.
Of course, we knew Lizzie would like this horse patch.
I bought Allen this terrarium from Michaels. I had no idea they were still a big deal! I was googling terrariums and found lots of ideas for plants. I will have fun taking Allen to the greenhouse for plants.
Sarah gave me a bouquet of fresh-cut flowers. I placed a bowl of water in the coffeepot. I sure enjoy flowers! Thanks, Sarah.
One last gift. I gave Allen a Jerky kit. He loved it. Didn't take him long to mix up a batch and get it on the dehydrator.
We fried a little test patty and it was delicious. This batch will be finished tomorrow morning. I'm guessing they won't last for long!
Anna told us she really enjoys her socks from Auntie Leslie and Uncle Mike. It's even nice that they match her pajama dress!

So we had a wonderful weekend. We got lots of work done and had lots of fun. The weather has turned cool for a few days, so I hope to get all my outside weeding and planting done...before the humidity drives me inside.


Pastor preached a good sermon this morning. I am always amazed when I think of Hannah's promise to God that if He would bless her with a son, she would return the son to Him. The footnotes in my Bible say that Samuel was probably between 2 and 3 years old when Hannah gave him to Eli. I cannot imagine giving any of "my" babies up. Yes, they are God's children, lent to me for a time.


Happy Mother's Day. Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: