Thursday, January 17, 2019

David Graham July 1,1937 to November 27, 2018

     
My beloved Dad passed away recently after Thanksgiving weekend.  Even though he had health challenges, we were still floored.  But God had his hand over the whole situation and we are comforted knowing Dad is with his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  

Some of our friends aren't on Facebook, so I am going to copy my children's tributes to their Granddaddy.  

From Maggie:




 
Oh my Granddaddy, you had such an impact on my life. I have never known a birthday without you there. I know you loved me because you told me so. I know you prayed for me and my cousins by name every night because you told me so. You told me I was beautiful and would always be your baby. You gave me my love of traveling, ordered me my first rare steak, stayed out in the freezing cold to teach me how to hunt, and you were the first place I drove to after getting my license. You taught me life was too short not to laugh at yourself…and EVERYTHING ELSE! I will so dearly miss the hours spent snuggling, making pies, and driving around town talking about my future, God’s will for my life, finances, hunting, my health, jokes, recipes, building projects, life… no topic was off limits😊 Thank you for your unconditional love and the lessons you taught me by the way you lived your life and loved my grandma. Rejoice in the Lord my Granddaddy! I cannot wait to see you and hold your hand again. I sorrow not, as others who have no hope, for the comforter abides in me and He has conquered the grave. To God be the glory for His amazing grace!

It is not death to die
To leave this weary road
And join the saints who dwell on high
Who’ve found their home with God
It is not death to close
The eyes long dimmed by tears
And wake in joy before Your throne
Delivered from our fears

O Jesus, conquering the grave
Your precious blood has power to save
Those who trust in You
Will in Your mercy find
That it is not death to die

It is not death to fling
Aside this earthly dust
And rise with strong and noble wing
To live among the just
It is not death to hear
The key unlock the door
That sets us free from mortal years
To praise You evermore

- Hymn by Bob Kauflin

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 From Lizzie:

 November 29, 2018 ·

Oh my precious Grandaddy. So many wonderful memories came flooding in when I held your hand and stroked your hair. Countless hours of snuggling, spending time together, making memories. My grandfather showed me unconditional love, always encouraged me to do what the Lord would have for my life. To each of my siblings and I he invested his life into ours. His home was our second home and we were always welcome. He loved spending time with us and always told us that and how much he loved us. He prayed for me by name every night which meant more to me then I could say. We went fishing together, cooked, baked, laughed, went on adventures and grew up with him in our lives, which didn't stop when we became adults. I could always count on him for comfort, love, great stories, hugs and kisses, to hold my hand and snuggle, always be thankful, and a good laugh. We "sorrow not, even as others which have no hope". I am sorrowing, still in pain and sadness, but not without hope that only Jesus Christ can give because I know Him personally. If I'm ever privileged to have grandchildren, I want to be just like you, my precious Grandaddy. See you on the other side, "but until then, my heart will go on singing. Until then, with joy I'll carry on. Until the day, my eyes behold the Savior. Until the day, God calls me home." For it's "Because He lives, that I can face tomorrow". Praise the Lord


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From Ruthie:




Goodbye to my Granddad! He was a good man that loves the Lord, and is now with Him. Thank you Granddaddy for all the memories you shared with me and the love you showed to me! I will one day walk with you on those streets of gold, but until that day, I will miss you Granddaddy. You loved life because you got to watch your children and grandchildren grow up. I remember going on all those trips to Virginia with you. Sitting on the beaches of Texas and seeing in your eyes the beauty you were beholding! I can’t imagine the beauty you are seeing right now, with our Savior! I can’t count how many times we made pies and went shopping together! I will miss the Christmas Hallmark movies you won’t be there to watch with us. You were always there to say “give me a kiss!” You made me feel so special. You probably said “I love you” to me every time I saw you.
I wish we could do everything we did together one more time again.
I wish the whole world could have known you, because you made everyone happy who saw you!
Your testimony made such an impact on so many lives as well as my own.
I love you so much grandad! Thank you for your support all my life. Thank you for being there on the big events, and even small events like watching me lose playing soccer and still sat on those uncomfortable bleachers, just to say “good job baby.”
I will miss you, but never forget you. You helped make me who I am.

You knew this world was not your home, but you were just a passing through.
Your treasures are laid up, somewhere beyond the blue.
Thank you and love you Granddaddy!
Love your granddaughter,
Ruth

No comments: