Wednesday, April 25, 2018

 I can't believe it's been almost a year since I updated this blog!  But several people have been persistent, so here goes another post.  I'm only allowed 500 posts for this blog, which I've reached, so I'm going through and deleting some posts that weren't family-related.  Meanwhile, here's an update.    
This morning, Sarah came over and asked me to go to lunch at Salsalitos, and then to go plant shopping at Green Acres.  Green Acres has recently been renovated and it looks beautiful!
 This store is owned by Mennonites.  Everything looks nice and clean.  I enjoyed seeing all the western themed items.  There were planters that looked like saddles, cowboy boots and hats, etc. 


 The resident lab was sleeping in the middle of the parking lot when we pulled up.  Totally fearless.  When we were leaving, he ran up and tried to come home with us.  I pulled out my camera and he quickly did The Pose.  As soon as I put my camera away, he reverted back to trying to hop in. 
For my local friends, there is a Christian bookstore across the street from Green Acres (in Loveville).  This is a good place for homeschoolers to shop.
What am I up to these days?  Getting little things done.  I bought a roll of liner paper at the thrift shop and finally got around to putting it in my nightstand drawers.  Looks so nice.
And I found this 3-tiered plate set at the thrift shop but it had a plastic pole for the handle.  The silver paint was peeling off the plastic, and the whole thing was wobbly.  I bought a $3 handle set on Amazon and now it's sturdy and pretty.

Our town is growing quickly.  When we moved here in 1978, it was considered rural.  Now we are anything but rural.  Our latest new shopping area has a pizza place called Mod Pizza.  We used their coupons and went out as a family.  The good thing about Mod Pizza is that they are allergen friendly.  They have non-dairy cheese and gluten free crusts.  And great salads.  We were very pleased...especially when no one hurt afterwards.  Highly recommend.
 I didn't realize there were no wedding pictures of Anna on my last post.  Everything went perfectly.  It was a hot and humid day for getting pictures outside but no one complained.
 Anna's bridesmaids from l to r were Lisa (from college), Faith (longtime friend who was almost 9 months pregnant!), Ruthie, Lizzie, and Maggie.  Sarah sang for the wedding and was in charge of the reception. 
 This is our immediate family.  As I went through the pictures, I smiled to see so many pictures where Mike had his "I will not cry" look.  Definitely an emotional day. 

Anna and John have lived with us this past year so they could put some money aside.  Both of them had good jobs here for which we are so thankful.  But in June they will leave to go to Camp Bimi in Chattanooga for a reunion there.  Then they will head back to Landmark Baptist College in Florida for John's last year.  We've enjoyed this year but it warms my heart to see Anna getting excited about setting up her own home.  We are so happy for them! 

My life will be changing these next few months as four of my children head to Florida for Bible college.  This summer is full of camps and trips, so life will be busy.

Write to me and catch me up to date on your life.  

Many blessings ~ Kathie

Psalms 28:7 ~ "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him."

No comments: