Monday, June 4, 2007

When I was in high school, my Mom rededicated her life to the Lord. This made for big changes in our home. One of the changes was the radio ~ my Mom listened to WRBS every moment that she was awake and not teaching piano. I associate many memories with those radio days (like getting home from school at the moment Dr. Clyde Narramore's Hour of Power started, etc.). Unfortunately, like the Baptist high school and the Christian camp where I worked for 10 years, WRBS has gone liberal. They now "cater to the market" and play the worst rock music I have ever heard.

Anyhow, another of the changes in our home was that my Mom started having daily devotions. Her choice of devotionals back then were the Jeanette Lockerbie series. These little 4x6" books always had catchy titles such as, "A Plate of Hot Toast, Designed for Duty, Time Out for Coffee, A Cup of Sugar, Neighbor, Salt in My Kitchen," and many, many others. Well, this morning I was looking for something different to read with my Bible, and I remembered these little books. So I ran down and got them and it was an hour later before I forced myself to put them down. I looked on Amazon.com and sure enough, there are many of her books listed. So I want to encourage everyone to try one. These books were originally printed in 1971, but they are still relevant today.
I have an extra copy of "A Plate of Hot Toast" so if you'd like it, email me and I will get it to you.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting! I've never seen these little books. If no one has contacted you ahead of me, I'd love to read one. (I'd be glad to mail it back or send it on to someone else when I'm finished.) Thanks!