Friday, March 28, 2014

 I went out to lunch with Ruthie today.  It was so much fun!  My baby is 14 and time is flying by too quickly.  Lunch was delicious...a bento box at Sakura (Allen made the tempura). Allen's Malaysian boss and I kept asking each other questions trying to learn about each other's culture.
 
 On the way home I found myself in an unusual predicament.  I had a slow Mennonite buggy in front of me...and a police car in back of me.  I wasn't sure if I would get ticketed for going over the yellow lines to get around.  Fortunately I didn't!
 Ruthie and I saw several farmers plowing.  Spring is certainly taking its time this year.  My daffodils are limp from our last snowstorm.
 We call these piles of dirt "snirt".  Definitely tired of snirt!
 Yesterday Mike and I went to a retirement luncheon for our friend, Ted.  It was at a Mexican restaurant.  We sat with some friends from church and had a nice time.
 According to Google, the #1 keyword used to find my blog this past month has been my "agro-tower-grow-pots".  Well, this is what I'm growing so far!
 Here in southern Maryland, one of the towns is called Lexington Park.  Locals call it LP City.  I enjoy seeing all the different ways people put that on their license plates.
 My mourning doves are back.  I have six.  They love my platform feeder.  We also have a squirrel with a 2" tail.  We feel sorry for him and let him feed off the lower feeders.
Sarah gave Ruthie some flowers because Ruthie enjoys cleaning up Sarah's home.  It was a sweet surprise for Ruthie!

Well, that's about all this post.  I decided I would post every time I got enough pictures.  Not much else is going on.  We are singing two songs for church on Sunday but it's been rough with a head cold virus going around and everyone's work schedules. 

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: