Monday, December 31, 2007

Read the Bible in a Year

I know this is my second post for the day, but I am so excited about a new way of reading the Bible for our family. If you go here you can see what I mean. Our family has chosen the KJV Bible to read in the Chronological order. There are other choices available such as Historical, Old/New, New/Old, and starting from the Beginning (which I've done). You can also choose large print.

The best part is that you can click on the date, and all the verses for that day come up. Have a question about what you're reading? Click on Commentary and you have a choice of commentaries to explain your verses for that day (we usually choose Matthew Henry).

Probably the most important thing you can do (besides salvation and baptism) is to be reading God's Word. So join our family on this adventure. Be forewarned: Satan will do everything in his power to keep you from reading your Bible. So purpose in your heart to seek the Lord in this.

If you are signing up to read the Bible in a year, please let me know. I'd enjoy knowing who you are!

Many blessings ~ Kathie

1 comment:

Deb said...

Hi Kathie ~` thanks so much for the link! I'm going over to check it out now. I like the idea of reading as the event happens.