Monday, November 12, 2007

Well, it's been a whole week since I've last blogged. That's a record for me. My reason is simple: I have had a whopper head cold and a very busy week. By the time I finished everything that had to be done, there was no energy left for anything.

I used to get a headcold every three years. This year I'm on my third cold. The allergist said the shots would significantly lower my immune system's response. Sure has!

If you are looking for a nice gift to get your children for birthday/Christmas, then consider this slide whistle. My children have had cheap plastic slide whistles that break easily, but this is a professional steel whistle and it sounds wonderful! The cheapest price I found was at http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ which is $9.99 each plus s/h. This would make a good stocking stuffer. In fact, these whistles are so sturdy that Maggie uses it like a trombone. These whistles also have a lower tone range, not high and shrill like the cheapies. I bought just one, but the five youngest children have all asked for one for Christmas.

Maggie requested a bottle of Smoked Paprika a while back and we haven't been able to find it. Well, tonight we ran into Shoppers Food Warehouse and sure enough, they had it! It is costly, $5.50 a bottle, but it smells wonderful! Maggie's non-dairy Ranch Dressing recipe called for this spice to make it taste more "ranchy." We'll let you know how it turns out!I still don't have much spunk, so this is a short post. Have a good week. Have you started planning your Thanksgiving Day?

"Now unto Him who is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen" (Jude v. 25). I grew up in a (spiritually dead) Methodist church and the Reverend would use this verse as the Benediction each Sunday. It has always comforted me.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: