Friday, July 6, 2007

Today I had to go north to pick up a package at the post office, so naturally I had to go a mile further to my favorite thrift shop, Hooks 'n Hangers. Allen is looking for a backpack to take camping this week. Usually we see a bunch of them for $1-2, but not today. So he spent all morning sewing some camouflage denim (that I bought at the thrift shop!) and made a nice backpack. He isn't pleased, but I like it a lot. Anyhow, as usual, I found some wonderful, cheap finds at the thrift shop. See the teapot?! It doesn't look big in the picture but it is a 2-gallon pot and I paid $3 for it. It looks like it was used once or twice.

My second purchase is the Noah's Ark cookie cutter. It, too, doesn't look big but measures 7x10"! I paid 25 cents for it. I bought it with the intention of buying some exotic animal cookie cutters (at another store for 99 cents/cutter) and selling the whole set on eBay. (This is how I pay for my daughter's violin lessons.) But wow did everyone object! So we'll see. I sold my sister-in-law's Noah's Ark cookie cutter set for $86.56 on eBay this past year, so thought I had a lesson payment!

I also bought five nice books and 9 yards of calicos of which 7 yards are beautiful vintage blue calico! This thrift shop only charges 10 cents a book for Homeschoolers ~ can't beat that price!

Today I posted a bunch of items on freecycle.org and got rid of a lot from our garage. It is so nice to have people come and pick up things instead of hauling them to the thrift shop...and the people are so appreciative.

Right now I am seasoning my new cast iron dutch oven to cook a trial meal before taking it camping next week. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Have a good weekend. Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: