Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It's the annual Blog Awards!

I found this Homeschool Blog Awards website on one of my favorite blogs to read, Mountain Musings, and I think you homeschoolers may enjoy reading some of the homeschool blogs. Just be warned, I haven't read any of them yet. So take the time to read some and then do your part and vote/nominate your favorite site. I can't figure out who is giving out these awards so let me know if you figure it all out!

The weather here in southern Maryland is very strange these days. One day it feels like winter, the next fall, and the next spring. I guess before long it will be hot and humid and every day will feel like summer!

I went to the thrift shop today and got Mike's shirt for his concert. Not exactly what I was looking for but it will do. But I did get a bonus at the thrift shop ~ lots of wonderful fabric! Denims and calicos. The denims are light enough for skirts and the calicos are perfect for quilting. Such a nice surprise!

While I was in the thrift shop, I ran into an old friend, Kathryn. She is getting ready to move to her homestead in NY. A Mennonite church up there built her a very basic wood home (smaller than my kitchen!). She lived in it for one year but had to return to MD to try to sell her home here. Anyhow, she is getting ready to set up an organic dairy. I wish her the best. Kathryn loves the Lord and wants to live a simple life that is pleasing to Him.

This afternoon I noticed the price of gasoline is $2.75 at the local Wawa store. That is sure gonna hurt! We travel 35 minutes three times a week to go to church in the next county. I always try to consolidate my trips to town but sometimes it's just not possible. Guess it's time to try harder.

Don't forget to go read the homeschool blogs and vote.

Many blessings ~ Kathie

No comments: